The Ultimate Apple iPhone 18 Pro Insider Report: Launch Timeline, Real Price, and The $2000 Foldable

iPhone 18 Pro vs Samsung Galaxy S25 Ultra side by side comparison on white wooden table with S Pen stylus

Okay, so I need to be honest with you guys.

I run SmartSphereHub and I have been looking at iPhone 18 Pro leaks for the past 3 days straight. My eyes literally hurt. And I have to say, 90% of what is on YouTube and TikTok right now is just fake. People taking iPhone 17 rumors, changing the title to iPhone 18 Pro, and adding a fake render. It's driving me crazy.

So I did what I always do. I closed YouTube, opened MacRumors, and went back to the only two guys I actually trust in this industry: Ming-Chi Kuo and Mark Gurman from Bloomberg. If they didn't say it, I didn't include it here. So this is the real stuff, no BS.

Let's start with the biggest confusion: the release date.

I made this mistake myself last week. I thought iPhone 18 Pro was coming this September. It's not. Not even close.

Apple is launching iPhone 17 Pro, 17 Air, and the first Foldable iPhone this September 2026. That's this year's big thing.

From everything I've read, the new plan looks like this. In early 2027, like March or April, Apple will drop the regular iPhone 18. Kind of like they do with the SE models. And then, finally, in September 2027, we get the iPhone 18 Pro and 18 Pro Max. So yeah, we are still like 13 months away.

I know, it sucks to wait that long. But we actually have proof they are already building it. Last month, leakers WHYLAB and Ice Universe leaked a photo of the A20 Pro motherboard. It uses something called WMCM. I'm not a chip engineer, I'll be honest, but from what I read it basically means they put the RAM directly on the same wafer as the processor. So it's faster, cooler, and way better for Apple Intelligence. That leak was kind of a big deal because it's the first time we saw real 18 Pro hardware.

You can check that leak yourself here, it's on MacRumors: A20 Pro leak photo - MacRumors

Now let's talk about money, because this part annoys me.

I really wanted to tell you it will stay at $999. I have an iPhone 15 Pro and I want to upgrade without selling my kidney. But it's going up. And this time, it's not just Apple being greedy.

There are two real reasons. First, the chip. The A20 Pro will be the first iPhone ever with a 2nm chip from TSMC. It's 15% faster and uses 30% less battery, but it costs Apple almost double to make. That cost will come to us.

Second reason is RAM. Right now my 15 Pro has 8GB. The 18 Pro needs 12GB to run all the new AI features directly on the phone, not in the cloud. And this is not cheap RAM. It's inside that WMCM package, so it's super fast but also super expensive to produce.

So what does that mean for the actual price? Forget those clickbait videos screaming "iPhone 18 Pro $2000!!" They do it for views. Based on real supply chain costs, I'm expecting a small bump. Like $1049 or $1099 for the regular Pro, and maybe $1249 for the Pro Max. So $50 to $100 more. Not fun, but not the end of the world either.

The phone that WILL actually be $2000 is not the 18 Pro. It's the foldable.

The foldable iPhone - this is where it gets interesting.

I've always hated foldables, I'll be honest. I tried my friend's Samsung Fold and that crease in the middle drove me insane. I returned it after 2 days. So I was very skeptical about Apple making one.

But from what Kuo is saying, Apple actually fixed it. They use a special metal plate under the screen that makes the crease almost invisible. I didn't believe it until I saw Gurman say the same thing.

This is not a flip phone like the Z Flip. This is a book-style fold. Imagine an iPad mini that folds in half and becomes an iPhone. That's what it is.

The specs Kuo shared: 7.8 inch screen inside when you open it, 5.5 inch screen outside for quick stuff. It will be crazy thin - only 4.5mm when unfolded. That's thinner than my iPad Air. And because it's so thin, they can't fit Face ID, so Touch ID is coming back on the power button. I actually miss Touch ID, so I'm happy about that.

Now the price is where it hurts. Both Kuo and Gurman agree - over $2000. The estimates are $2000 to $2500. I think Apple will do their marketing trick and announce it at $1999 so headlines say "Under $2000!". But let's be real, with tax and if you want 512GB, you'll pay close to $2400 in the US. It's a first-gen product for people who want the newest thing. If you want all the details, MacRumors has a great guide collecting all of Kuo and Gurman's info: Complete foldable iPhone guide - MacRumors

So should you wait? Here's my honest advice for SmartSphereHub readers.

I get this question every day. So here is what I would do if I were you.

If you have an iPhone 14, 14 Pro, 15, or even 15 Pro like me - yes, wait for the iPhone 18 Pro. The jump from 3nm to 2nm, the new camera that can actually physically change aperture from f/1.4 to f/2.2 like a real DSLR, and the smaller Dynamic Island because Face ID will go under the display... those are three upgrades you will actually feel every day. It's worth the wait.

But if you have an iPhone 16 Pro, or if you are planning to buy the iPhone 17 Pro next month - don't wait for the 18 Pro. It's just a better, faster version of what you already have. Save your money. Skip the 18 Pro and go straight for the foldable in late 2026 or early 2027. That feels like the first truly NEW iPhone since the iPhone X back in 2017. That's the one that will make people turn their heads.

And one more thing I noticed. A lot of people are worried about battery life with 2nm. From what TSMC said, 2nm is actually more efficient. So you will get better battery, not worse. That's something nobody talks about. So if you are a heavy user like me who uses the phone for work, YouTube, and editing for SmartSphereHub, the 18 Pro will actually last longer on one charge. That alone is worth waiting for me.

That's everything I have for you today. No fake renders, no made-up specs, just what is actually credible right now. I'll update this post on SmartSphereHub the second something new and real comes out. I promise I won't waste your time with fake news.

One last thing - would you actually pay $2000+ for a foldable iPhone? Or do you think it's too much? Let me know in the comments below. I read every single one, even if I don't always have time to reply.

Thanks for reading.

- From the SmartSphereHub Team

Related Posts

 iPhone 13 Pro Max vs Samsung S22 Ultra

Post a Comment

0 Comments